That is exactly how you feel!
How do you get there?
I believe it comes down to two extremely important characteristics.
First would be, having a healthy attitude of self-confidence.
Second, looking your absolute best!
So how do you boost your self-confidence?
Answer: a million and one ways!
It’s not a one size fits all.
Not every one “thing” will work for everyone.
What makes one person tick may not make another.
It depends on what you feel you need.
And again, I have found, it is very different for each individual!
On that note, I have made a list of “some” of my best ideas on how you can boost your self-esteem:
- Improve your self-talk. You know, the things you say to yourself. Like, I wish I was prettier/more handsome. I hate my thighs/ass/whatever. I wish I had more money, I’m never going to have any money. I hate my job and I’ll never get a better one. I wish I could get a girlfriend/boyfriend, only no one likes me. Stop it! From this day forward, the only things you say to yourself are nice things. It’s okay to want to improve everything, actually it’s great to want to improve, it’s how you say it to yourself that counts!
- MOVE! As in exercise. Everyday. Join a gym. Take a class. Walk. Whatever floats your boat. The point is, exercise is not only good for your body, it’s good for your brain. And when you start to take good care of your body, all kinds of wonderful things happen. You FEEL better. You start to walk with a little “jump” in your step. Your clothes start to fit better. Maybe you even go out and buy some new clothes. Your brain will start to work better. Bonus, you might meet some new people at the gym or in that class. And please don’t say, “but Patti, I don’t have the time!” None of us have the time, we are all busy. It is just another thing to add into your schedule. And if you can’t join a gym or take a class right now, then get out and walk.
- Associate yourself with the kind of people you want to become. If you hang around with people with no goals or wanting to improve themselves, chances are, you aren’t going to do so either. So find people who set goals, who are working on improving their lives on a daily basis. And stay away from toxic people, you know who they are, so stay from away from them, they will do you no good! You know what they say, you are the sum of the five people you spend most of your time with. So choose wisely!
- “Confidence is going after Moby Dick and taking the tartar sauce with you!” – Zig Ziglar
- Take good care of your skin. So you might be thinking, “Patti, how is taking good care of my skin going to bolster my self-esteem?” And I would say, anything that helps you look better is going to do it! Anyway, who doesn’t want great skin? So take good care of it!
- Act as if! Act as if you had the confidence to do whatever it is you want to do, then do it! Do something everyday that pushes you out of your comfort zone. It can be as small as talking to a stranger while you are getting your morning coffee, or making a phone call that you have been putting off. Getting out of our comfort zones is a sure way to gain self-confidence. And it does not matter how slow you go, just don’t stop!
- “Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage and confidence in the doing!” – Theodore Roosevelt
- Compliment others, and make sure it is sincere. Complimenting others is a wonderful way to boost your self-esteem as it makes you more aware of other people’s talents and uniqueness. Maybe there is someone you know who always dresses sharp, give that person a compliment! Maybe you know someone who has the best smile and every time you see that person it lights you up, tell them! It’s basically another form of gratitude that you are sharing with others. When you appreciate other people for what they share with the world, that will just come back to you in ways you never thought possible.
- Positive In, Negative Out! Take in positive material as much as possible. Think about the books you read? Think about what your listen to? How about what comes up on your feed on your social media? You want to be taking in positive, uplifting things, and toss the negativity!
So there you have it!
Just some of my suggestions, as I said earlier, there are many, many ways to bolster your self-confidence.
Remember, it is not a one time fix, it is something you work at everyday!
Lastly, follow NineFrogs on TikTok & YouTube – The Frog’s Den 🐸🐸🐸
That’s a wrap!
Patricia <3 always
NineFrogs ~ People will stare. Make it worth their while!
Live a little better tomorrow. You deserve it.